Location Compliance Certification - www.theelectricalinspector.co.nz

Go to content

Main menu:

Location Compliance Certification

Our Services
What is a Location Compliance Certificate (LCC)?
A hazardous substance Location Compliance Certificate is needed where explosive, flammable or oxidising substances are stored or used and the quantities involved exceeds the thresholds specified in the legislation.

Do you need a LCC?
If you identify a hazardous substance location at your site, you will probably need a Location Compliance Certificate depending on the type of product and the quantities involved. If there are electrical equipment such as electric motors, fans, heaters, lights, power outlets, paint mixers, electric heat trace systems etc involved - they will each need to be certified. WorkSafe NZ provides an online calculator to help you check whether you need a location compliance certificate for your hazardous substances. Also check their policy clarification for when a hazardous substance location exists for toxic and corrosive substances. Link here
How can you get a LCC?
Worksafe administer a Register of Compliance Certifiers. As the person in charge of your site you must engage a WorkSafe recognised Compliance Certifier who will assess your site and issue your Location Compliance Certificate.  Search the compliance certifier register at  list of Compliance Certifiers for someone near you.
How can we help?
Depending on the type of installation, an Initial, Detailed grade of inspection may be required followed by Periodic Assessments. The requirements are set out in the applicable Standards and can vary in frequency with some types of installations not required to be periodically assessed for up to 48 months. Check with your inspector (or us) for confirmation of details.

LCC's remain valid for up to 12 months. and we can inspect and provide electrical certification in preparation for your next audit. It's what we do.
Back to content | Back to main menu